Freshman Science Class: Physical ScienceSophomore Class: BiologyJunior Class: ChemistryScience Electives: Physics and Anatomy/Physiology
Science Class Rules
1. Treat people with RESPECT!
2. BE ON TIME! That means in your desk when the bell rings!
3. BE PREPARED for class!
4. Follow LAB SAFETY rules!
5. Do your HOMEWORK!
6. Ask QUESTIONS if you do not understand a concept in class!
Consequences of Behavior:
If you choose to put forth the effort and follow the behavior policies, you should have great success in class. If you choose to not follow the policies and put forth no effort, the following can and will occur:
1. One-to-one discussion of appropriate behavior
2. Detention (served with me)
3. Parent phone call and detention
4. Parent conference and detention
5. Referral to administration
*** Severity of issue determines which level of behavior modification is used***
Grades are figured out by percentage and weighted by three different categories. I do not round grades until the end of the grading period and then only if class participation and hard work are shown. This means that according to my scale, and 89.5% is a B.
Grade Scale Weights
100-90.0 %= A Test and Quiz= 60%
89.9-80.0%= B Labs= 30%
79.9-70.0%= C Classwork/homework= 10%