Monday, March 16, 2020
RE: COVID-19/School Update
Dear School Community,
Good afternoon, there continues to be ongoing planning and preparation meetings regarding the education of our students and the response to COVID-19. These meetings are happening at the national, state and local levels and we are still trying to filter through the constant updates we are receiving. Beginning on Tuesday, March 17 teachers will begin/continue their curriculum planning for distance learning. Distance learning may look different based on different factors, including age, subject level, access to technology, etc., and the school will attempt to meet the needs of all students in the distance learning model. Look for additional information regarding specifics of distance learning from the staff. While this is the current plan it may change based on new information we receive. Below is a timeline of important happenings during the mandatory closure.
- At this time the school will remain closed through Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020, sack lunches will be available to pick up curbside at the school for all Fairview School students. Lunches will be available outside the cafeteria door from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm. Meals will be available Monday-Thursday during the school closure
*Please note that this will be a “grab and go” lunch. All Fairview students provided with a lunch will be asked to eat at a seperate location, off of school grounds.
- Tuesday, March, 17-Thursday, March 19, 2020 a school staff member will contact you with questions specifically regarding items such as access to technology and food availability.
- Thursday, March 19, 2020, learning resources including chromebooks, books, work, etc. will be ready to distribute to students.
- If students are eligible to ride a bus (living outside a 3 mile radius) learning materials will be delivered to the student’s house by bus.
- If a student is not eligible to ride a bus we will ask that the parent and/or student stop by the school to pick up all learning resources. All learning resources provided will be required for the week of March 23-26.
- Please stay in tune to future updates for specific pickup and delivery times.
- Thursday, March 19, 2020, students eligible to ride a bus will also be able to have meals delivered.
- Monday, March 23, 2020, students are expected to complete all work using the off-site resources provided to them by their teachers. We encourage all students to use email to contact teachers with specific questions regarding class work if students have the ability to do so.
All spring sports have been delayed until April 13. At that time, the MHSA will revisit the topic of spring sports and weigh additional factors before making further decisions.
ACT testing scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, 2020 has been postponed. An additional date has not been set at this time.
For all driver’s education students, Mr. Mead will be in contact with you for rescheduling of classes.
FCCLA Krispy Kreme donut fundraiser has been delayed. The fundraiser will still take place, but due dates of order forms will be pushed back.
The gym and fitness room will be closed to all individuals until further notice.
Please look for additional posts and updates on the district’s Facebook and webpages. If you have additional questions that we may be able to answer please contact an administrator via email:
Mark Thompson -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Skinner -- email@example.com
Luke Kloker -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Two way communication is critical in situations that change rapidly. We will continue to update the Fairview School Community with new information as we receive it. Please contact the school if we can be of additional assistance.